Monday, January 16, 2012

Tell Me Why

Why do bad things happen to good people and good things happen to bad people?

I feel that many of us are pretty equal in terms of the ebb and flow and good vs. bad events that occur in our daily, personal lives.  I have come to realize that when something terrible happens to me that is beyond my control, I get upset, but know in my heart that time will heal me and I will look back, reflect and persevere. 

What confounds and disturbs me is the extreme....

If you are reading this post I recommend you to visit http://www.vday.org/ and in addition read, "I am an Emotional Creature," by Eve Ensler (author of the Vagina Monologues).  These things will awaken you...your awareness for and appreciation of your own life will be heightened...and hopefully stir a desire inside you to spread more joy, understanding and compassion to others.  Or, take a bigger stand on how you raise your children...how you talk to your spouse...how you tolerate (or refuse to tolerate) things. 

I will never know the answer to the question above...but can only pray that as long as this human experience exists, we can learn from history for once...instead of repeating it.

No comments:

Post a Comment