Sunday, January 15, 2012

Who Cares?!

Yes, that's right...who the hell cares what others think of you?

Well...I DO!  Ha, ha...this is a reoccurring resolution of mine.  My entire life I have been paralyzed by the thought of, "I can't do that...I can't say that...what will they think of me?! Oh gosh, what if I look foolish or docile?!" 

I have lived a life of tap dancing around people's feelings, emotions and concerns...even when it's rarely reciprocated.

But you know what...this makes me ME...I enjoy CARING.  To a certain extent.  Striving for acceptance has in a lot of ways made me quite likable...people enjoy being around me b/c I CARE.  I listen.  I want to make others feel good...I want you to think, "Wow, she really cares about me...she makes me feel good."

I am genuine. 

The problem is, if you're like me, you can be quite sensitive and open to others criticisms.  One of the Four Agreements is, "Don't take anything Personally."  Do you practice this regularly? 

So now, I choose to be myself...to put myself out there...take risks without giving a s*** of what others think or say...I want more out of life and to let go of these feelings that paralyze me.

How about you?  Do you care too much...or too little?



No comments:

Post a Comment